WINTER SAILING COURSES 2023 - CHILDREN
FROM JANUARY 14th TO MARCH 26th
The Winter Sailing Courses are an ideal opportunity for children to spend weekends outdoors, combining sport and fun, in a happy and healthy environment. The Courses are the best way to learn to sail sailing or to continue to progress in sailing techniques while having fun with friends.
Participants will be grouped by age and level, so they can make the most of it and share their experience.
Specific activities – Sailing (with the coach), swimming and gamesThe Summer Sailing Courses are an ideal opportunity for children and youth to spend vacations days outdoors, combining sport and fun, in a healthy and happy environment.The Summer Sailing Courses are the best way to learn to sail/to start sailing or to continue to progress/perfect in sailing techniques while having fun with friends.Participants will be grouped by age and level, so they can make the most of it and share their experience.
- Children, between 8 and 15 years old.
- Basic Sailing Courses for kids without any kind of experience, or advanced courses for those who have already taken previous sailing courses.
- Courses are held on individual boats (Optimist) or on collective boats (Laser Bahia, Hobie Cat and Sprinto).
- Places are limited, participants being divided into groups of up to 10 kids.
- The groups are organized taking into account the age, experience and physical condition of the participants.
Courses, Classes and Schedules
- Courses: last 10 lessons
- Classes: the pupils can choose either Saturday or Sunday.
- Hours: from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- The Winter Sailing Courses will start on the 14th of January and end on the 26th of March 2023, according to the following schedule:
January - 14, 21 and 28
February - 4, 11 and 25
March - 4, 11, 18 and 25
January - 15, 22 and 29
February - 5, 12 and 26
March - 5, 12, 19 and 26
NOTE - on the weekend of February 18th and 19th there are no classes at the sailing school
- Know how to swim
- The Minimum Age Required for each of the courses is:
. Apprentice Sailor Courses - 6 years old
. Courses for children and youth - 8 years old
- Authorization from parents/guardians if they are minors
- Medical Declaration or Sports Medical Examination stating that the participant are fit to perform sports activities.
- All participants must be covered by personal accident insurance. price 5€ -Valid until 31/12/2022
Policy 0314286. Coverages:
. Death or permanent disability - 10,000.00€
. Treatment or repatriation expenses: 1,000.00€
. Franchise - 50€ on behalf of the victim
Registration deadlines and admission criteria
- From the 15th of November to the 14th of December reserved for Members and children of Members and Minor Members (admitted for more than six months).
- As of December 15th, registration is open to all interested parties.
- Enrollment will only be guaranteed to those who complete the enrollment, complying with the above mentioned requirements and making the due payment.
- We do not accept reservations.
- If the participant has already attended a course at the Sailing School of Clube Naval de Cascais, or at another School, he/she should inquire the Club Office to find out at which level he/she should apply.
- Each course will only be held if there is a minimum number of:
. Sailor Apprentice Course - 4 Participants
. Children’s and Youth Courses - 6 Participants per class
- If the weather conditions do not allow the realization of one or more classes (practical part), they will not be compensated/replaced.
- Food and clothing are not included in any of the courses.
- We draw your attention to the importance of food. The snack should be light, as the participants spend the day at sea and exercising, but rich in protein and fiber.
- We suggest that participants bring:
· Assorted sandwiches (mixed, cheese, tuna, chicken, etc.), but without mayonnaise
· Salads and or pasta that can be packed in thermal boxes
· Cereal bars that are great sources of fiber
· Juices and water
They should avoid sausages, fried foods, chips and soft drinks, as well as very spicy things.
· Sailing clothes or comfortable suits
· Shoes that can get wet or surf boots/neoprene shoes
· Change of clothes to change at the end of class
- Option of Sea Lunch Pack in partnership with the Club Bar.
The participant should order and pay directly at the Bar.
- Changes or exchanges of dates, schedule and courses will not be accepted
- Refund: only for cancellations informed with 7 days of advance.
- Cancellations due to health reasons may be refunded as long as the corresponding medical justification is presented.
- Refunds will be made deducting all corresponding bank fees.