WINTER WINDSURF COURSES 2023 - BEGGINERS
FROM JANUARY 14th TO MARCH 26th
The Winter Windsurf Begginers Courses are the best way for young people and adults to learn to sail on a windsurfing board, combining sport and fun, in a healthy, joyful environment and in direct contact with nature.
- Youth (12 years old) and adults.
- Basic Windsurf Courses for participants without any kind of experience.
- Courses are held on sailing boards, with the rig (sails) adapted to the size of the participant.
- Places are limited, participants being divided into groups of up to 08 persons.
Courses, Classes and Schedules
- Courses: last 10 lessons
- Classes: the participants can choose either Saturday or Sunday.
- Hours: from 10h00 to 12h00
- The Winter Sailing Courses will start on the 14th of January and end on the 26th of March 2023, according to the following schedule:
January - 14, 21 and 28
February - 4, 11 and 25
March - 4, 11, 18 and 25
January - 15, 22 and 29
February - 5, 12 and 26
March - 5, 12, 19 and 26
NOTE - on the weekend of February 18th and 19th there are no classes at the sailing school
- Know how to swim.
- All participants must be over 12 years old.
- Authorization from parents/guardians if they are minors.
- Medical Declaration or Sports Medical Examination stating that the participant are fit to perform sports activities.
- All participants must be covered by personal accident insurance. The insurance is available at the Club Office - price 5€ per year (valid until 31/12/2023).
Policy 0314286. Coverages:
. Death or permanent disability - 10,000.00€
. Treatment or repatriation expenses: 1,000.00€
. Franchise - 50€ on behalf of the victim
Registration deadlines and admission criteria
- From the 15th of November to the 14th of December reserved for Members and children of Members and Minor Members (admitted for more than six months).
- As of December 15th, registration is open to all interested parties.
- Enrollment will only be guaranteed to those who complete the enrollment, complying with the above mentioned requirements and making the due payment.
- We do not accept reservations.
- If the participant has already attended a course at the Sailing School of Clube Naval de Cascais, or at another School, he/she should inquire at the secretariat to find out at which level he/she should apply.
- Each course will only be held if there is a minimum number of 04 participants per class
- If the weather conditions do not allow the realization of one or more classes (practical part), they will not be compensated/replaced.
- Food and clothing are not included in any of the courses.
- We draw your attention to the importance of food. The snack should be light, as the participants spend the day at sea and exercising, but rich in protein and fiber.
We suggest that participants bring:
· Assorted sandwiches (mixed, cheese, tuna, chicken, etc.), but without mayonnaise
· Salads and or pasta that can be packed in thermal boxes
· Cereal bars that are great sources of fiber
· Juices and water
They should avoid sausages, fried foods, chips and soft drinks, as well as very spicy things.
· Sailing clothes or comfortable suits
· Shoes that can get wet or surf boots/neoprene shoes
· Change of clothes to change at the end of class
- Changes or exchanges of dates, schedule and courses will not be accepted
- Refund: only for cancellations informed with 7 days of advance.
- Cancellations due to health reasons may be refunded as long as the corresponding medical justification is presented.
- Refunds will be made deducting all corresponding bank fees.